Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Big 27!

On March 31, 2009 I turned 27 years old. To many of you I know that is not a big deal. However, I had a Bridget Jones-like moment on that day. I decided to take back my life and find MY INNER SKINNY. I know that there is a skinny girl inside of me! I look her everyday, I long to buy clothes for her, and I here her scream "Don't eat that cookie!!!" Well damnit, I'm ready to be her! So here are the stats: 

  • Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - weight: 230.6
  • No caffeine in 1 week
  • Need wine
Lord, I sure am not proud of this, but at some point we are forced to face reality. Since then, I have walked twice, done yoga twice, and cut back on the amount of food that I eat. I keep telling myself that if I take it one small change at a time that I will eventually have a lot of big changes to be proud of. I can tell you that since giving up soft drinks and tea for Lent, that I have felt better. Now, every once in a while, I will take a sip of something other than water (or Crystal Light), but it just does not taste quite the same!

In the meantime, I am amazed at how many resources there are in our tech savvy world. But who knows if any of them work?! This week I also downloaded a program to my iPod Touch called "Lose It." This application allows you to set up a profile about yourself (age, weight, height), tells you how many calories you can have a day to lose weight, allows you to set a goal, and tells you when you should reach your goal. At this point, I should reach my (first) goal on October 13, 2009. Scary, huh? The same application also allows you to track your daily food intake, it maintains your caloric intake for the day, and accounts for any exercise that you do. 

Within the next week, I will work on implementing other small changes into my routine and keep you up to date on my progress. Should you have any tips or success stories, let me know and I will post them!

No comments:

Post a Comment