Friday, May 15, 2009

Jazzercise


Yes, I admit, I go to Jazzercise. Sometimes on a more regular basis than others...the story of my life. Not having been to a class since early March, I was a little intimidated when I went yesterday.
In my mind here is what I imagined. "It is summer, the class will be small. I will have a chance to catch up and go at my own pace. No big deal." I drive to the center and on the way I pass my new house. I have this great idea! I will now be able to walk to and from Jazzercise and that will give me a better workout! (right - I see that happening like once...)
OK - so I got to the center and there were like a million cars in the parking lot. I seriously put my car in reverse and said "the hell with this." But much to my dismay, there were 2 other cars pulling into the parking lot behind me. I could not escape. So then, I said "the hell with it." I went in. It was officially the largest class I have ever been to. There were 35 people Jazzercising along side me - there was even a Jazzerman (who had chicken legs!).
Much to my surprise I survived and managed to keep up with the routines. All the while I was thinking "how is Verna Howell always so happy - damn her!" I think I lost 5lbs in sweat, but I did it! I really enjoy the workout because I am so busy thinking about what I am supposed to be doing that I don't have time to think about anything else. Needless to say, when I got home I was in need of a bath and hungry. Those two things happened, but not much else. I was asleep by 8:30 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment